Tuesday 21 September 2010

An enjoyable day

Day 11 Little Bollington to Shrewsbury

72 miles today, total miles 772 moving average 10.5 mph, overall average 8.5 mph, total time 8.5 hrs, total climbed 3,038 ft

Had a really good day today and is the first time I enjoyed the cycling!

B&B last night was excellent and a shame my stay was so brief. Set off at 7:30am after a great breakfast. The sun was shining, it was dry and only a light breeze! Very confusing and it took me a while to sort out what to wear. No waterproofs and 3 or 4 layers - strange being in a single cycle jersey and exposing my arms to the sun.

The planned route was perfect. Spent the whole day on quiet lanes travelling through beautiful countryside and small villages. Very agricultural and I have never seen so many tractors and farm vehicles.

72 miles to Ross on Wye tomorrow and Steve joins me for the next few days. Weather forecast not quite so good but not too bad.

Gavin

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know you got back out on the bike on Tuesday after reading Monday's blog! Sounded horrendous .... on the bright side surely it can only get better and at least you'll have a bit of company now when Steve joins you and don't forget to wish him Happy Birthday on Friday!

    Collection is going quite well, got money in the pot already and money still to be collected and I haven't finished my rounds yet either. I also know that people have been donating online so all in all not going too badly.

    You have to keep going now and those hills must be coming a piece of cake for you! you have to finish it ....... otherwise think of all that money you'll have to pay back! Onwards and upwards hey!

    Miche

    ReplyDelete