Friday 24 September 2010

In Devon now

Day 14 Cheddar to Cheriton Bishop (nr Exeter)

76 miles today, total miles 991, moving average 10.0mph, overall average 8.0 mph, total time 9.6hrs, total climbed 4,290 ft

Left at 8:00 thanks to the very strange landlady and the chaotic way breakfast was organised. In fact the whole B&B was a bizarre place and I wasn't sorry to leave.

Really flat fenland between Cheddar and Taunton so the morning was pretty good. Steve struggling a bit with hills after such a long day yesterday, but he did well and fought his way 30 miles to Taunton.

Steve headed for Taunton station, his daughters and a well earned rest. I carried on down to Exeter, after some trouble finding my way out of Taunton along the river.

Run to Exeter pretty good and I picked up pace. Exeter seemed very busy when I came through it. The last 7-8 miles from Exeter was a constant climb and I was tiring rapidly.

Weather good all day - no rain, light wind and cloudy.

So 2 days left to go! The infamous Cornish Hills tomorrow - everyone who has done this trip says this the toughest part. So I plan to set off 7am giving me plenty of time to do the 65 miles and expect to be pushing the bike a lot!

Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment